5.24.2010

Push Pin Pillow

Ok, I found this idea on another blog last night and thought it was so cute that I had to make one too!!  It's a a little push pin pillow and it took me about two hours.  The main thing with this project is the order.  If you want to make one, thinking of each main fabric piece as a layer, I would do the first layer first (adding the cherry parts and wording--I don't have an embroidery machine so I had to just write the words for mine--"enjoy the small things").  Then on the second layer add the lace (I added tulle to mine also).  Sew the third layer pieces together.  Then start connecting.  Sew the first and second layer together (don't forget to add stuffing).  Then sew that to third layer.  And finally sew the fourth layer on, adding the stuffing.  That's what I think would have worked best.  I didn't do it that way and it was much harder than it should have been and a little bit more "messy".  Hope you like it!  The original post had this picture (click on picture for link to blog):
 

3 comments:

  1. This is adorable, Melissa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely fantastic! You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable Melissa - I love sewing projects like this!!!! While I love card making I still feel very drawn to sewing and ptachwork projects. Sweet and beautiful work, and thanks for sharing! Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Comments really let me know that I'm not just talking to myself here...Thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails