5.30.2010

Honey and Dijon Mustard Glazed Turkey

Ya, I know Thanksgiving is way over, but my parents gave us a turkey they had and didn't feel like cooking--so I did!!! It turned out sooo juicy and yummy.  We also made turkey sandwiches the next day with our leftover meat.  I started following a recipe and then got creative so here's the recipe I used including my spin:

Honey and Dijon Mustard Glazed Turkey:

Wash turkey and remove innards.  Pat dry with a paper towel.  Mix in a cereal-sized bowl the following ingredients: olive oil, kosher salt, honey, a stick of melted butter, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, McCormick's Crusting Blends (the garlic, lemon, and rosemary one), black pepper and lemon pepper.  (I just added about how much I thought would be good with more of the stuff we like.  It filled up a cereal bowl.)  Then, rub onto turkey lifting up the skin and putting directly on meat.  With the breast side up, cover the roasting pan loosely with foil, and bake at 325 degrees for about three hours or until internal thermometer reads 180 degrees (my fifteen pounder took three and a half hours).    Let cool for ten to fifteen minutes and carve.

2 comments:

  1. We love turkey any time of year at our house too - and the turkey sandwiches they next day. Sounds like a great blend of spices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MMMMMM.... this looks wonderful! Keep these extravagant dishes coming!

    ReplyDelete

Comments really let me know that I'm not just talking to myself here...Thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails