11.18.2010

My first Tote/Bag/Purse

Here's my first attempt at making a handbag! I found this embroidered fabric in the remnants at the craft store half off the sale price and I got the interior fabric for free as a hand me down.  My very first thought when I saw the fabric was that it was so organic looking and would be so cute as a tote!  I made it to put some items in at a store or something, but it has turned into my official bag or purse.  I was carrying diapers around in a grocery sack wherever I went so that I would avoid overloading things into a bag, but I am trying to keep my tote to the minimal and it looks cuter than a plastic bag!  Hope you like it and hope to make more.  I know with each sewing project I learn more and more--it's definitely a hobby where you learn as you try!

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful, Melissa! What a great first handbag. Pretty amazing, actually! Take my word for it, sewing can be so rewarding and so creative. Go for it!

    ReplyDelete

Comments really let me know that I'm not just talking to myself here...Thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails