6.27.2010

Broccoli Grape Salad

We had our first annual church park picnic today and I made this delicious broccoli and grape salad!  OK, I tried this at a friend's son's birthday party and thought it might be kinda funny tasting, but I tried it and loved it!  It has a refreshing summer taste with softness and crunch and juiciness.  I looked online and there's a lot of recipes for this guy, but the way my friend Jodie makes it uses less ingredients and I really think it's yummy that way and i guess pretty unique too since I didn't find any other recipes exactly like this one.

Salad Ingredients: 3-4 bunches fresh broccoli cut into bite sized pieces, 1 small chopped red onion, 1 bunch of red grapes halved, 1/2 lb bacon cooked and crumbled (I bought the pre-cooked bacon), 1 cup sliced almonds, 1 cup sunflower seeds 
Dressing Ingredients: 2 cups light mayonnaise, 1/2 cup sugar, 3 Tbsp plus 1 tsp vinegar
Directions: Place prepared salad ingredients in bowl except for nuts and seeds.  In a small bowl, combine dressing ingredients.  Pour dressing over broccoli mixture, stirring until combined.  Cover and refrigerate for several hours to overnight allowing the blending of flavors.  And nuts and seeds just before serving.  
Other things people add: celery, raisins, pine nuts, cauliflower, craisins, bacon bits, minced sweet onion, green onion.

2 comments:

  1. Yes! I am so glad you shared this recipe! My SIL makes this for family get togethers and I keep forgetting to ask her for the recipe. It's delicious and my kids love eating it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog looks superyummy with a picture of brocoli grape salad. it was nice going through your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Comments really let me know that I'm not just talking to myself here...Thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails