9.26.2010

Reupholstered Chairs

We were recently given a table and chairs set for our dining room.  It's a really nice set, but very well worn and doesn't match my style so I am attempting to alter it to match our home better.  I found some really pretty fabric at a garage sale and made my first attempt to reupholster a chair!  I was worried I wouldn't be able to do this, but it's actually super easy!!  
  Most seats are attached to the chair by a screw on each corner.  Remove those screws.  The first step is to cut your fabric with about an 1" to 1/2" overhang around the seat of the chair.  Make sure to iron out any wrinkles in the fabric.  
Using a staple gun, staple one edge of the fabric to the back.  Staple about every inch to two inches apart.  

Then pull and staple one of the corners next to the stapled side in either a triangle pattern or by folding on top of the other side you have already stapled down.  
Staple the second edge, keeping the front free of wrinkles and continue steps until you come back around, pulling and keeping fabric tight.  
Reattach screws and you're done!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments really let me know that I'm not just talking to myself here...Thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails